Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon


Tonight while you are out and about take a few minutes to look up in the sky. It is a blue moon night. Actually, the moon is only blue after volcanic eruptions or large forest fires. The ash refracts with the light and gives the moon a blue hue.

The blue moon tonight is a "once in a blue moon" event. Every couple of years we will have a month with two full moons in it. Hence the expression "once in a blue moon." So, tonight we will have the second full moon in December.

This full blue moon I am taking as a sign. Because it is happening on New Year's eve maybe it is a sign that the next year will be full of good things, surprises, and new things for us all. That is what I think and I am going into this new year, this new decade with only positive thoughts.

4 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I think you are right, Elizabeth. I am expecting 2010 to be a great year.

Happy New Year to you,

xoxo

Walks with Wolves said...

I am right there with ya. :)

Terri Kahrs said...

Our moon was obscured by clouds last evening, but I could still feel it's power. I, too, think 2010 will be a wonderful year. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Unknown said...

I agree with you! I am going to take this also as a sign that a wonderful New Year awaits! Thank you for your encouraging post.