Friday, June 25, 2010

Some ATC's

This is a photograph I took of a friends most cherished doll. I love how she is so worn and tattered. I used my wonderful new pencils on the background.

The background was done again with my new pencils. I just scribbled and wet till I was satisfied. The image is off the collage sheet I gave out a few weeks ago.

The background was done with my new Derwent Inktense Pencils, the Zetti girl is from Teesha Moore.

This is for all the librarians out there. I know my library is busy, busy, busy morning to night. I am so enjoying this new series of books I found from a Margaret Maron. She is a North Carolina author. It is so fun to read and recognize all the places she talks about. The little girl is from Paper Whimsy.

This background was done again with my ink pencils. I wet my stamp then used the pencils to ink it then huffed and stamped.

Out and about this week I stopped at Michael's - a big box art store- and thought I would check out their new display of Sharpie Poster Paint Pens. I was trying to see if they had any colors I didn't have and check their prices. Next to their display was their fine art sale items. Of course that drew my attention. They had a lovely tin of 24 Derwent Inktense pencils I have been lusting after for 60% off. One tin left so of course it just hopped right into my cart and came home with me.

I have been playing with them ever since. All of the backgrounds on these ATC's I did with them. They are ink in a pencil. You then use a wet brush to intensify the color and move them around. You can shade with them like watercolors, but they are much more stable. I had all the browns and blacks already as I use them quite a bit for shading. I have not worked with the color ones, and I must say I am in love. They are so easy to use. The colors are great. I can see great possibilities with these.

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Your ATC's are wonderful. You have been really productive!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

I just adore all your ATCs, they are so vibrant and quirky :)

Sharon said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for the info on your new pencils. There is a Michaels near me I am going to check them out.

I love your ATC's especially the one one with Teesha's image.

I am going to Ohio in a few weeks to visit an old friend and go to Teesha's workshop. Can't wait!