Saturday, October 2, 2010

Rain Drops Kept Falling....


Monday we ended up with almost 11 inches of rain. Tuesday we had 3 to 4 inches of rain. On Wednesday as of 6:00p.m. we had over 4 inches of rain. Thursday started with - yes - more rain and some added wind and wind gusts. Yesterday we had broken all records - 22 to 24 inches of rain depending on where you were in the county.

I went out for a bit Wednesday and Thursday night. We will just say there was a lot of water on the ground and a lot of frogs . I mean frogs every where, on buildings, in the grass, hopping across the roads. It is like something out of a science fiction movie. Big ones - little ones - green ones.

The good news is the moderate drought we were in is now over. The good news is I like rain. The rain cleans the air and cools down the earth. I always feel so good after a good rain. [ A bit of an understatement today.] Today the air smells sweet and cool. The sun is shining and all is well. The weather inspired me to go through my images and look for umbrellas and parasols. I am hoping we won't be needing them for awhile. I thought I would share them with you!


A class picture?

Sisters and Friends!

Some lovely Geisha's.

The Roosevelt girls.

Girl's Day out at the beach.

9 comments:

Lotus said...

O these are fantastic! I love the details of the clothing and the backgrounds are wonderful!
Thank you!
Lotus

Terri Kahrs said...

I can't even begin to imagine what "frogs everywhere" look like! I've got a serious frog phobia!!! (I'm NOT kidding!!!) I, too, love the way the air feels and smells after a storm - so cleansing in so many ways. We had a lot of rain and local flooding too, but not nearly as much as you had. Glad to hear that you're OK, Elizabeth!!! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

PS Thank you for these lovely ladies!!!

Janet Ghio said...

What wonderful images-espcially the one of the all the girls with the parasols!! I thought of you when I heard about all the rain there!

Hearts Turned said...

Wow, Elizabeth! I've been hearing about all your rain, but those amounts are crazy in such a short time period!

I love rain too, and we don't get nearly enough for me! Makes it so cozy in our little houses, doesn't it?!

Love your sweet vintage images...thanks for sharing! Hope it dries up a bit for a while for you all!

Julie

Dotti said...

Wow. I live 1 hour away from Lake Tahoe which can get record snowfalls...but I am east and in the desert. I don't think we've had even 3" of rain this whole year. When we get it, we do savor it!

Bea said...

Some rain is good. A certain amount of frogs are good. Too much of ANYTHING might not be so good. Love the images, thanks for sharing those. :)Bea

Andrea said...

Glad to hear you are OK! Thank you for these wonderful ladies!!

Diane said...

Hi Elizabeth!
Thanks so very much for sharing these fabulous images. xoxo Diane

Gaby Bee said...

I've been hearing about all your rain. Glad you are OK!
Thanks for sharing thesewonderful images with us! Gaby xo