Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Digital Photograph - On the Way Home



Thought I would share just one of the amazing landscape scenes I experienced yesterday. I think I photographed every barn and tree along the Blue Ridge Parkway I could find. Needless to say, it made for a long day and my hip began to scream at me. I have slept in today, I needed the rest. I am hoping to make it to Mom and Dad's before dark. It is dark and dreary and raining here. I am going to have to hit an antique store or two on the way home. Don't forget today is the last day to leave comments on my Journal post to win a journal.

11 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

What an amazing capture, Elizabeth! At first glance, I actually thought it was a painted piece (al la Grandma Moses). Upon closer inspection, I realized that you've manipulated this shot beautifully! Will continue to pray for a safe trip. Hugs,Terri xoxox

K J D said...

What a gorgeous photograph... I've enjoyed your journey in pictures!

I am going to search for an encaustics class..... inspiring images.

Have a great stay with your parents:)

Karen

Bea said...

Gosh, this is beautiful. Looks like a painting. Isn't it funny when people say that about nature? But, again, I see another book jacket cover. Guess one of us better get busy writing the book, huh? :)Bea

Pat said...

Beautiful photo...reminiscent of an old masters painting!

Janet Ghio said...

Love this photograph!

Mrs. Fry said...

so pretty Elizabeth.

your shots are beautiful and have an eerie quality to them.

it is dreary as you approach DC today. I live about 2 hours away and a big old rain cloud is over the whole area.

Penny Wessenauer said...

My what a pretty setting this is, and what a gorgeous digital photograph you've created with it Elizabeth.. amazes me that you are able to create this "on the run" so to speak! Safe journeys, and enjoy the ride!
xxooxx Penny

Anonymous said...

I love journals please put me in for the drawing. Thanks

marda said...

What wonderful views to enjoy on your travel. Thanks for sharing..I'm a barn person too.

Lorraine said...

Lovely digital Elizabeth!

Donna: said...

Love the way you capture trees.. my favorite... your digital rendering is fab!! Have a great trip.