Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Visit to Donna Downey's Studio

I knew I had found a kindred spirit when I saw this display in the store. I love owls and collect cameras. Aren't the little dresses cute?

Donna uses a lot of canvas in her work. She has her canvas books on display in various stages of completion. I particularly liked this apron she had made. Apparently she has a very cool apron class.


The store is stocked with all the latest goodies for creating art. It is laid out to excite your eyes. So much eye candy here.


This is one of the cabinets in the studio and classroom area.

One of the four large table areas in the classroom. These are a couple of the girls after the ATC class. Everyone was so nice.

I thought I would share some of the photographs I took with my iphone at Donna Downey's Studio. It is full of wondrous things. I was sort of sad when it was time to start the ATC class. I could of spent hours there just looking. She has several open studio nights and lots of really interesting classes. I will be timing my next visit to Charlotte North Carolina to take advantage of them.

2 comments:

Ann said...

all that wonderful art stuff!!!!!!!!!!
true eye candy!!!
a place I'd love to go to!!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

I lied to you, Elizabeth.....the thoughts of browsing and enjoying Donna's studio was too much for me! I had to stop everything and "browse"!!! LoL!!! How lucky you were to take that ATC class and make some new friends. Looks like a fun class!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo