Sunday, July 3, 2011

Deviled Eggs

Deviled Eggs remind me of every picnic I have ever been to. My Grandmother use to make plates of them for Wednesday night supper for the church. I use to wonder why people liked deviled eggs so much at church. I can remember standing on a stool in her kitchen with my arms immersed in a bowl of cold water peeling eggs.
I was thinking some of you might want to use this recipe over the long weekend. This is a really easy recipe that I have modified somewhat to be a little more healthy. I still prefer just regular mayonnaise to low fat. Preparation is very quick. Hope you enjoy, I know whomever you make it for will.



Deviled Eggs


12 large hard boiled eggs peeled


1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese


1/4 cup low fat mayonaise


3 Tablespoons minced scallions


1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish


2 teaspoons yellow mustard


1/4 teaspoon salt


Paprika for garnish. Spinach leaves for the plate.


Halve the eggs lengthwise with a sharp knife. Gently remove the yolks. Place 8 of the yolks in a food processor. Discard the other four or save for egg salad . Add all of the other ingredients to the food processor. Process till smooth.Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the yolk mixture into each egg half. Sprinkle with Paprika. Place spinach leaves on plate. Arrange egg halves on them. Cover and keep in refrigerator or cool till serving time. Makes 24 servings.

3 comments:

Shell said...

Hi Stranger!

Hope all is well with you! I've been a busy bee and feel bad that I can't keep up on my blogging!

I thought it was funny when I saw Donna's post from Brynwood Needles about Sunday scripture and just above, YOUR post about Deviled Eggs!

Well, the Devil made me stop in an say "Hi!" This recipe sounds Yummy! I've always just done the mayo thingy with salt and pepper,,
Of course these days, I'm lucky just to boil an egg..man, has my cooking slipped! Living alone...kind of miss it all!

Hope you have a great 4th and stop by and say hi sometime when you have a chance! I'd love to catch up with you!

I'm having a little Giveaway on my Blog, if you want to pop over!

Love and Hugs, Miss you!
Shell

Ann said...

oh..these look delicious!!! they look just like the one's my mother made!!! i'll have to give this recipe a try.
thanks so much for sharing!!

Susan said...

Yum, those look really good! I'm gonna try that recipe! Thanks!