Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mini Scrap Art Quilt


As I was sewing and had all these lovely scraps I decided to sew a little mini art quilt. It just cried out to me. I love the little girl in plaid. She reminds me of getting my school picture done every year. I had a dress like this in fourth grade. It was red and black and white plaid with a full skirt. I always wore a red, soft, cardigan sweater with it and black buckle shoes. I thought I was so cool. It swished when you moved.

I collect images of wee ones with plaid on. It must be the Scottish in me. Ahh, tartan. I got the image from Viola's freebies. She always has some interesting images. p.s when you get to her blog at the top left hand side is the link to her freebies.

2 comments:

Viola said...

Great piece, Elizabeth! Looks so wonderful! :o)

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Your art quilts are wonderful! I'm itching to get back to playing with fabric - almost done with the sketchbook...