Friday, October 8, 2010

Some Halloween Freebies....


I realized this morning we are already a week into October and I had not shared any Halloween images. My bad. As those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know this is one of my favorite holidays. It is not the idea of witches, but the dressing up and getting candy that I have always loved. The whole concept of dressing up and being someone you are totally not. My boys were so enthusiastic about the costumes and gathering of treats it became very contagious. We went all out decorating the house and throwing parties. Our family has three birthdays all in the week of Halloween. Lots of little ghosties at my house. Here are a few images to get the spirit started. Enjoy!

I love this little girl with the owl on her shoulder doing magic tricks.


What is Halloween without a few witches and a broom or two? I like the white cat instead of a black cat, very different.

The imps and pumpkin's faces really make this. Halloween is a time to be a little mischievous.

Too funny! The cat's collar just cracks me up. I want to know what cat would wear that for more than 2 seconds?

Mr Moon is so beautiful in this card. Hope you enjoy these and can use them in your art work!

13 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

These images are fabulous! thank you so much!

Rita A. said...

Some of those vintage images are really spooky. Thank you for sharing.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous vintage images, most of which I've never seen before! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Diane said...

These are the best Halloween images I have seen! You are always so generous, Elizabeth. I have used so many of your free images & backgrounds. Thank you so very much & I hope you're feeling better each day! Hugs, Diane

.Trudi Sissons said...

I know what you mean about the excitement! Such fond memories.
I agree with you re: your comment on the little girl - it's precious!

bobbie said...

I love these!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Elizabeth, I can so relate to your very happy Halloween memories. When I was young, I spent weeks and weeks planning my homemade costume. And then my sister and I would plan our route through the neighborhood. Such great fun! Thank you for your generosity. These images are wonderful! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

aimee said...

i love the vintage rich colors.
blessings,
aimee

Wildflowerhouse said...

Love the vibrant colors of these images. Thanks so much. I hope you are feeling much better now. Have not had a chance to come by as DH has had pneumonia and has kept me running. All is improving now. Take care. Hugs, Sharon

teri said...

I love these old-fashioned fall images!

Shopgirl said...

I went back to look at all your posts that I have missed. I always have a really good time here.
I must get into the spirit of Halloween. I love this time of the year. I hope you are healing well.
Missed being here, Mary

sonja said...

thank you for sharing. i have been a postcard collector for many many decades and still marvel at the art of them. Clappsaddle was one of my favorite designers. thank you !

Unknown said...

I love these.......vintage halloween is the best!
I hope you are doing better, you have been on my heart.....how is that hip coming along?