Thursday, September 3, 2015

Vintage Labor Day Photos - Freebies

1904 Parade Float
Cruising Down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. with the Capital in the backgroud
Waiting for the Parade
The Baker's Union . Detroit is/was one of the big Union cities. They are all for worker's rights. The Unions hold big power.
1913 Suffragettes marching in the local parade. How much these women suffered so I could have the right to vote. I admire them more than words can say. Still waiting for equal rights!

We are going into Labor Day Weekend so I thought these vintage photographs would be fun to share. I will post some more tomorrow. These might be fun copied and put in ball jars with candles for your labor day table. Or a nice banner made with them. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I love these old photos!!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Me, too.
I love there clothes.
It is almost like you can feel their spirits.