Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Digital Collage - Good Old Days


When I started hunting through my images to do this collage I realized I do not do a lot of art with men in it. Strange. Then I realized that in so many of the old photographs men look so stern and stuffy. Many of them look as if the whole world is on their shoulders.

I love this old deserted home, the old car and the fancy dude in his overcoat and hat. He looks very elegant. I am imagining his father worked the farm so he could get an education and be something "better." After his father died he let the farm deteriorate while he lived in town, with a modern wife, a car, and worked in the bank. That's my story an I am sticking to it.

5 comments:

K said...

wow! wonderful digital collage!

Trizzy said...

I agree with your story - thanks for sharing and I love your creation!

Diane said...

OMG...this is fabulous! He's a handsome man too! I tend to work with only women too. Men just don't seem to be as interesting (in pictures, anyway.) I love your story that went with this one.

Jodi Ohl said...

Love this collage! You've done a wonderful job bringing in all the elements so naturally! I'm just learning how to navigate through the layers and tools of photo shop and envy those that can do it so well!

Kate Carvellas said...

Lovely work! You have a true talent with the digital side of collage! It's great to be back and see what you have been working on!! :-)