Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fresh Blueberry Cream Pie


The blueberries are at their peak right now where I live. They are so big and tasty. We have been eating our cereal with lots of fresh fruit and making smoothies. However, I feel the need to use some of this fresh fruit for something else.

Thursdays are usually the day all the locals go grocery shopping. All the fresh stuff is delivered and the tourist have not landed yet. As I was thinking about what all I was going to cook this weekend I decided I should make a pie. Out came my tried and true recipe box and I came upon this recipe. Just the ticket. Fresh, easy, and really good. I thought I would share it with all of you.

1 prepared Graham cracker crumb pie shell
8 ounces of cream cheese - the no fat kind is perfect for this recipe
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 pint of fresh blueberries - save a hand full for the top

Beat cream cheese till light and fluffy.
Blend the sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla.
Carefully fold in the blueberries and whipped cream.
Spoon mixture into crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Top with fresh berries.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Carol said...

This sounds delish!