Sunday, March 28, 2010
This is the front and back of my journal I am using in Dina Wakley's journal class. I decided to go ahead and make my own as I was not sure how many pages and what size I wanted. I decided to go big - 9 inches by 9 inches - and she said to use a paper that can hold a lot of paint etc. I went for watercolor paper 140lb. I took a cheapy watercolor pad and cut it to size for the pages. Knowing if I needed more pages I could cut more.
The cover is a piece of cardboard I cut to 9 1/4 inches by 9 1/4 inches. After I cut the back and cover I covered them with dictionary pages - very random. Then I used the first week's technique on them, let everything dry, then sewed around the edges. I then used my coil binder to cut the holes on the cover, back and pages. I then assembled everything with the coil. Voila! a new journal for the class.