Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Digital Photographs - Sweet Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes

Is everyone getting ready for the big
feast? Turkey, Ham, Lasagna [I have a good Italian friend and this is what her
family gives thanks with], Steaks,
Vegetarian fare? Whatever you are cooking
I hope it is wonderful.

Here at my house
we are going totally Traditional.
Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes,
cranberry sauce, broccoli, asparagus
with Hollandaise sauce, squash and wild
rice casserole, butternut squash and
apples, pies for dessert. Yum.
This of course means standing at
the kitchen sink doing endless dishes,
standing over a hot stove for hours
cooking, wonderful smells. I cannot
wait. The shopping is finished, I
only forgot one thing. So till after
it is all done and consumed...
enjoy the day!
  
 

2 comments:

Karyl said...

Elizabeth -- I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I thought about you several times as my family and I travelled from St. Louis to visit my brother and his family at their new gorgeous log home in the mountains of eastern TN, just across the NC state line, near Boone. The barns, in particular, whispered "Elizabeth would be taking pictures of us and posting them on her blog"! Be well and thanks for sharing!

Ann said...

i love sweet potatoes!
fixed them for Thanksgiving..i'm the only one who eats them!!