Thursday, March 19, 2009

Freebies #23 - Bookplates






I had a hard time deciding what images to share this week. Then I noticed how busy the local Library has been. From early morning to the early evening the parking lot is jam packed. I am thinking that in these reuse, recycle, repurpose days people have discovered what an oasis the library can be. Losing yourself in a good book is a luxury anyone can afford. I enjoy riding my bike or even a stroll up to the library to get a bag of books to read. With these thoughts in mind I decided to share these 1911 Delinator Magazine bookplates. The children are so charming and the rhymes are really cute. I use the first two and the last quite a bit for my books. Hope you can find a book or two to use them in.

6 comments:

Tita Mama said...

Thank you for the bookplates. I especially like the "I love to paint and draw . . " one.

Kate Carvellas said...

Oh....these are wonderful!!! Thank you so much for sharing them! I'm sure they will someday find their way into my artwork! Love 'em!!

Kathy

Eastjewels said...

Oh Elizabeth...thank you so much for these..they are precious...I am in the process of collecting images for a new altered book on "Childrens Alphabets" and these will be perfect. You are such a sweetie to share. I am sorry that I have not been to visit you here in a while, I am always enthralled with what you have to offer. You are always full of surprises...Thanks again for the images.
Create & Share
Linda (Okla)

Wildflowerhouse said...

Thank you Elizabeth. I make book bags and will include these. They are precious. Sharon

Patti Edmon Artist said...

thank you so much for taking the time to upload these - they're wonderful, can't wait to use them!

Mary Lynn said...

These bookplates are so cute. Thank you for sharing them with me.