Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What a Difference a Day Can Make....

Yesterday I took my friends pups out for a little stroll and to get the mail. It was a beautiful day and the last of the snow was melting away. On these types of days even the smallest of task is enjoyable. I saw this beautiful dried Hydrangea blossom in her front yard. Of course I had to whip out my phone and take some pictures. This is the result from yesterday. And...

This is the result from today. It is damp and cloudy. I woke up to rain. I love how the moisture has turned the dried blossoms a rusty color. These bushes and their flowers are some of my favorites. I grew up with Hydrangea's and my fascination with them continues. Every one is different and everyone is beautiful in their own way. Young or old. Bright or faded...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's like the rain made them come to life again! These were my favorite along with spider lillies when I was growing up.(Is that how one spells lillies? Looks weird).

Janet Ghio said...

What kind of a phone do you have? i am just amazed at the quality of photos you are taking!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Hey Janet I have the new apple iPhone. However I have downloaded a couple of camera apps. These are great! I have probably 5 to 6 different cameras on my phone. I like the old time cameras and these have that feel. I hope that helped to answer your question.

Terri Kahrs said...

Elizabeth, I'd have taken a photo too! The Hydrangia is such a gorgeous flower, and your lovely captures have done it true justice! Enjoy the warm weather. We've just finished with an ice storm!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love hyderangias and I can't believe the change in the two photos - just from rain? Thanks for the photos - they are a bright light!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Hi Elizabeth, I can't believe these are from your cell phone. Then I read that you have the Apple I phone, but still these are so spectacular. Only you could create them. Apple should hire you!!!!!