Thursday, March 17, 2011

Playing with Photoshop...

My original photograph.
I used the sketch filter and hit stamp.

Here I changed the colors on the stamp filter.

Here I sharpened the stamp and then posterized a bit.

On this one I hit saturation and hue. On hue I went a bit bluer, then hit saturation till I liked it.

This last one I hit threshold. I always like to see what a photograph looks like in black and white. Sometimes you see things you might not have noticed. It always helps to define things.


Thought I would share some Photoshop playtime with you. I am always amazed at the different effects you can get. Playing with the different filters, effects, etc. on photoshop are a great way for me to relax. I find in no time I am absorbed and off to discovering something new. I think these would make great background papers. I hope you will be inspired to set aside some playtime!

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I forset about what cool things you can do if you just take the time to play with photoshop. I am strictly a utilitarian user--crop, rotate, brighten..

creativelenna said...

I agree, elizabeth! I think playing with a photo in photoshop and trying different things out with it is very relaxing. I am pretty new at it, but have been enjoying my playtime.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
: ) lenna

Terri Kahrs said...

The choices in Photoshop never cease fo amaze me, Elizabeth. The results you've gotten with one photo are amazing! Hugs, Terri xoxo