Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cucumber Raita

Cucumber Raita [photo by Reza M]
Here is one more sauce for you. I love this. It is fresh and cool and wonderful on fish. I love broiled scallops with Raita. This is also the sauce they use on Gyros. So of course it is great on chicken or lamb. I have also used it as a salad dressing on a wedge of lettuce with tomatoes and blue cheese. Now I am getting hungry...


Cucumber Raita

3/4 cup nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup chopped finely or grated cucumber
I like it grated
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh mint
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 dash of hot sauce [like Tabasco]

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Stir till blended. Yields 1 cup. Keep chilled.
Will last a day or two in refrigerator, I like it fresh. Enjoy.

No comments: