Thursday, June 13, 2013

Magic Mayo

Magic Mayo

I have been playing around with sauces the past couple of days. Trying to find a few to use with "summer food." This is one that is really good with fish, shrimp, and I tried it on a burger and it was good.

Here in the South we like our Mayonnaise. We eat it on almost everything. Elvis loved his fried banana sandwiches with Mayo. Dukes Mayonnaise is big here in the South. I personally was raised on Hellman's Mayonnaise. My Mother loves mayo. I mean loves it. Any way, hope you enjoy this.

Magic Mayo

1 cup mayonnaise - use your favorite brand
1 dill pickle - chopped into little pieces
1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
a squeeze of lemon
a little lemon zest

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
Chill. Keeps for several days if you do not eat it all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE lemony mayo, so this recipe really appeals to me. I love to blanch vegetables, chill them, and then serve it with a flavored mayo. Can't wait to try this!