This is a recipe I found while going through a bunch of magazines. It is very easy and the results are fantastic. Your friends and family will feel very special that you have made this for them.
Peach & Blueberry Cake
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
8 Tablespoons butter [one stick]
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
4 large peaches/cut into wedges [4 cups]
1 pint blueberries
1/3 cup sliced almonds
Confectioner's sugar to dust top of cake
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
You will need a 8 by 8 inch pan or 2 quart baking dish.
1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl mix with a hand mixer the butter and brown sugar till it is light and fluffy. Around 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Then beat in the egg and the vanilla extract, scrapping down the bowl.
4. Then on low, mix in half of the flour mixture and the sour cream. Once that is mixed add the rest of the flour and mix.
5. Add the fruit to the batter and fold it in. It will look like there is too much fruit, but the batter will rise around it.
6. Place in pan or dish. Sprinkle the top with the almonds.
7. Bake for 1 1/2 hours to 1 3/4 hours. Test with a toothpick in the center of the batter. If comes clean done.
8. Sprinkle the top with Confectioner's sugar. Serve warm. Vanilla ice cream goes nicely with this. Enjoy!