Wednesday, July 23, 2008

4 by 7 Skinny Swap - Summer


These little mermaids have been inhabiting my studio all week. They are my contribution to the summer theme swap that Art Techniques Yahoo group is holding. We were to do 25 4 by 7 inch skinnies. We are binding the skinny book ourselves. I can't wait to see what everyone else has done.

I don't do many of these large swaps. I find the time and repetition to weigh on me. I will say I find if you break it down into parts and work on it that way it is easier. More manageable.

This swap was fun. I cut my background paper and painted it and then put it aside. Then I spent free time on cutting out images - the fish and mermaids. I loved the mermaids. They came from Helga at Art Chix Studios. Then I stamped the backgrounds and assembled the page. I hope everyone likes them.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I just spent a few lovely minutes with your blog and found it quite enjoyable. If you don't mind, I would like to link your blog as I find your artwork beautiful and your recipes inviting.

Susan Sager Brown said...

Hi there! Just love the colors and detail of your Row Houses.
I laughed when I saw your playful mermaids! Check out my blog to see my contribution to our Skinny Book! Mermaids Abound!
Cheers!