Saturday, May 14, 2011

Digital Photograph...The Mill

I found this old Mill up in the foothills of North Carolina recently. It is huge. Three stories tall, and just a shell of its former self. As I was taking photographs the farmer/owner came along on his tractor carrying a large round bale of hay to feed his cattle. He stopped to chat. At first suspiciously, then for just the conversation. He must have been in his 80's and he said his folk had always had the mill. After about an hour he went along to finish his chores and I to taking photographs.

4 comments:

Ann said...

marvelous photograph!
i love looking at the world though your eyes!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Fabulous, fabulous, FABulous!!! I'm telling you . . . once again . . . . "Coffee Table Book"!!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

PS I'll be the old timer was infinitely interesting!!!

indybev said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Terri. Coffee table book with accompanying stories. Americana through the eyes of an artist. I'll buy!

Melodie said...

I love that you love old barns...they sure invoke a sadness of having served their time and left behind...forgotton...I am drawn to them....thanks for sharing.