Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Things that Make Us Moms...Freebies

I love this photograph of these lovely children, their pretty dresses contrasted with their worn shoes, the way their hair is curled. You can tell this was a special moment.


One word - Precious!


What a feat to get three young uns this age to stand still!



I love her dark bow and the lace on the youngest gown. Beautiful!


They are beyond cute. Look at that hat! and the puppy dog, oh my this always makes me smile.


I thought I would share a couple of these darling children with you. Children are the gift that bring out the Mom in us. That ability to nurture and summon up patience when we are tired. They bring us lasting joy, sometimes heartache, but most of all they are a part of us. The best part of us.


A little true story...Yesterday when Miss Mischief got up from her nap she came running into the room to inform me "I am big!" Apparently at pre school they have told them to get lots of sleep so they will grow big and strong. I wish life could be as simple as her little eyes see it.

14 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Ahh, thats such a blissful story! Thank you for the photos. They are lovely too. penny

Shopgirl said...

First thank you for the pictures and your foot notes are perfect. I really fell in love with the first one. I love your lovely story about getting big...adorable. hugs, mary

woodandfabric said...

Thank you so much for sharing these precious photos and the cute story!
Michelle *Ü*

Ann said...

what a sweet story!!
love the pictures!!!
Mom's are nurturers!
I was thinking of Mother's Day and I have decided that every woman I know needs to be thanked..after all..don't we all have a loved one..sister,aunt,friend..who may not have a child,but nurtures us,cares for us,has helped us grow in some way,been there for us in every way possible? therefor..a Happy Mother's Day to every woman who has "been like a mother" to us!!
xo

Sarah said...

That little gal with the dog is one of the cutest pictures that I have ever seen! Thank you!!!

Janet Ghio said...

I love the little girl and the dog!! Too cute!!

Jenny said...

Oh Elizabeth, what a beautiful story... out of the mouths of babes... and thank you for the gorgeous photos... just LOVE them...

Hugs
Jenny x

Wildflowerhouse said...

What a delightful post Elizabeth. Yes children are the most precious gift. These pictures just tell it all. I can see their mothers preparing them for those precious photos. Thanks. Love mischief' way of thinking.!

Terri Kahrs said...

God grant me the eyes, heart and imagination of a child! What a sweet story, Elizabeth! Thank you for these sweet images, and and early Happy Mother's Day to you too. I've just finished my long, self-imposed and much needed blogging break and had to stop by to see what you've been up to. I hope that all is well is your world. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Andi's English Attic said...

Absolutely love the pic with the puppy. How much it must have been loved to be included in a (rare) portrait with a precious child. xx

Martina said...

So cute!!!!!
Thank you so much, dear Elizabeth!

Wendy Aspinall said...

Thank you for the oh so cute images.. I love the 1st one... do you wish you knew their story...Hugs wendy

Joy said...

Love the old photos and I love your story about your little one. My 'little ones' are all big now, they've had lots of sleep over the years! Going to take a look around here... the old doors at the top are awesome!

Gaby Bee said...

These are adorable! Thanks for sharing with us!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby