Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday's Textures #11














All of these textures came from a Cones Mill Plant that use to make corduroy. It was the biggest plant to make corduroy in the United States. It is now shut down and developers are arguing over a price so they can convert it into condos, shops, and resturants. At least that is what their security guard told me.


As I was shooting photographs through the fence, I heard from behind me "Can I help you with something?" I turned and said "no I am just taking some pictures, I am an urban artist." He sort of shook his head. I said "here look at some of my photographs." He looked, then unlocked the ten foot high gate and gave me a tour. Sometimes it is that simple.

4 comments:

Ann said...

JUST THAT SIMPLE..IF ONE IS AS NICE AS YOU WERE!! KINDNESS OPENS MANY DOORS..DOES IT NOT?!!
LOVE THESE TEXTURES..STILL WORKING ON TEXTURES WITH PHOTOSHOP,SO I'M DELIGHTED TO HAVE THESE!! GREAT BACKGROUNDS FOR ATC'S ALSO!!..SO MANY WAYS TO USE THESE!!
THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome!!!! How nice of him to let you in to capture a few shots before it's all 'gentrified'. Urban Artist . . . . that title suits you well, Elizabeth! Thank you for these gorgeous textures. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Terri xoxo

indybev said...

I love your stories and your photography, Elizabeth. You are so generous with your talent. Kudos!

crimsoncat05 said...

that is really neat; what a cool story! kindness and politeness does open doors, doesn't it?? I also agree with the comment about seeing the place before it gets "gentrified" in the renovation. cooL!!