Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Door that Started it All...

Yes, someone actually lives behind this door. With a sewer grate at their front door. I found this door behind main street where they had turned a whole bunch of buildings into apartments or condos. Or maybe times are so tough people are living in their buisnesses rather than maintain a home also.
Unfortunately, I think it is the latter. It would not be the first time in my travels I have seen this - people are having hard times. I fell in love with this scrumptious door, although the pups next door were not happy at all about me taking pictures. This week's textures come from here. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

WOW...a super fantastic door shot!!!
loooook at that RUST...omg....toooo coooool!!! A winner for sure.
Your tractor and yellow flowers below look stunning. I know I sound like a broken record...uuuuuhhhhhing and ahhhhing over every shot here...but I can´t help it. They all look terrific!

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome texture in this capture, Elizabeth! So sad that people have fallen on such hard times. Many prayers are being said. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Ann said...

i love this door!
you know..in certain areas of new York..it would be an "artsy" place to live..don't you think?

Sheila A. said...

I agree so much with Cynthia --because I feel that I repeat myself and repeat myself. (See!)
This is a great photo, but it was sad to read your words, because it all is so true. Such hard times for so many.

Melodie said...

What a fantastic picture. You do continue to find great "finds"!. Love, love what you do!!

diane said...

I just ♥ doors ... any kind of door .... and this one is just wonderful! Nicely shot ... :-D

Elizabeth Golden said...

Thank you augcott, appreciate it.