Sunday, August 30, 2009

Banner Art

I am still doing the Tip in Monthly Swap in one of my groups. This month I had the lovely Tamara's banner to do. What fun. I have not done a lot of banners. I did a swap just last month but mine were lost in the large vacuum called the Postal Service not to be heard from again. So getting to do a larger banner and one for such a wonderful artist was challenging.

Tamara loves orange and pink, Zetti, and winged things. This of course made it very fun for me. I used several shades of orange paint, some yellow and pink oil pastels to do the backgrounds. The zetti girl is from Teesha Moore and the young princess is from Paper Whimsey. The castle is from an antique tea card. Add a little ribbon, some glitter and some jewels and we have a banner.

Front of the banner

Back of the banner

6 comments:

Martina said...

Wow - this is very impressive.
Stunning work.

L Melohn said...

These are great! Love the colors!

Pam said...

Love your banners. The colors are so vivid.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Beautiful Banner!!!

Court Dress said...

Elizabeth,

All of your artwork is beautiful. I love your banner especially your color choices. I always enjoy dropping by and checking out your website.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment about my Degas digital collage.

Gaby Bee said...

Absolutely stunning. Love the vibrant colors!