Monday, November 9, 2009

I have been Soul Journaling....

I had some time last night to work on some more of Sarah Whitmire's prompts in the Soul Journaling group. Here we were to write adjectives, paint, splatter,wash, use tape, use a pencil, and stencil a figure, write a grocery list, etc. I really like how this page turned out. It was fun!

This prompt was called collage potpourri. We were to write angrily the alphabet, paint, use a tool or something unusual as a stamp, list what we did today, stencil a profile and use something metal of the page. The page pretty much speaks for itself. The metal hearts came off of a candle. The candle was wrapped in metal tape with the hearts embossed on it. When I finished burning the candle I kept the tape knowing I would find another use for them.

Here is the home journal page prompt. We were to use a paper bag to make a house with a pocket. Do the neighborhood, and add the people, pets, etc. that live at you house. I made a house, and some other houses using paper bags and watercolors. The figures are from Artchix. I just love these paper dolls. I decided I would use one as me and the rest are arty friends coming to visit for the weekend to do art. "Last Boy Home" was not up for his picture being used in any way shape or form...

8 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

You make the most wonderful journal pages!!! I love seeing the diversity of outcomes from the collage potpourri prompts.

Mixed Media Martyr said...

hehehe! Not even his head on a muscle bound body?! Gorgeous work!

Terri Kahrs said...

Elizabeth, I can't tell you how much I've loved perusing and studying your journal pages. They're rich with texture and lush and full of spirit. Each is wonderful, but I LOVE the houses!!! They really made me smile! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Lisa Holtzman said...

Your pages look so rich. Thanks for sharing the process you go through to create them.

Lindart said...

Love these pages, especially the house page!! I love your friends coming over to "play", I like to do that at often as I can!

Unknown said...

Iespecially love the home page!

Janice said...

I started my soul journal but havne't been back to it for a while, maybe I'll dig it out. YOur work is fabulous.

Shopgirl said...

The stockings are eye catching and I love the houses, this is great fun to look at.
Happy Fall, Mary