Monday, November 2, 2009

More Journal Pages Completed

In the Blissfully Art Journal Yahoo Group one of the prompts was "What have you learned in life?" The first thing I thought of was don't' put all your eggs in one basket. I have learned always to have a contingency plan. Don't rely on others to do what they say they are going to do. Don't put your money in one place, or rely on one thing to happen. Life isn't like that. Most times it is for the best so always have some eggs somewhere else.

The last two years I have been sorting and going through things trying to make my life filled with the things that mean the most to me. It has been a powerful experience. Totally eye opening and empowering.

These two pages reflect my need for something spiritual in my life on a everyday basis. I think we all get so busy with immediate things that we forget to do things that give us solace and strength. I am asking for help and guidance in these pages.
[I did use Alisa Burke's leaf stamp on the purple page. She makes wonderful hand crafted stamps]


This door is from a local church. I love the red against the sandstone. The lovely arch. I worked for an hour or so with this digitally and finally realized it was not to be that day. I went ahead and printed off what I had done. Always trying to use my own photos in my journal I realized that it should be here in my journal. Isn't that the way it is sometimes. We work so hard to make something work then realize along the solution...

5 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

"Eggs in one basket" was one of my grandmothers favorite phrases, along with "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched." I heard her voice in your words. Thank You for this reminder.

Love your pages, Elizabeth. They have a wonderful element of strength and honesty about them. Hugs, Terri xoxo

BT said...

That door is beautiful, such graceful lines Elizabeth. You are a talented lady.

teri said...

It's so true what you have written -- I too find myself working hard at something for a long time and then realizing after I've given up and put it away that a very different method or direction would have been much easier. I think I get stuck on a path. Anyway, I love the red door peeking out from all that sandy color.

indybev said...

I LOVE this page! Less is more, and this simple, uncluttered page makes a powerful statement. Well done!

Timaree said...

I TRY to use my own photos or parts of them, in my journal. It makes it even more ME. You've made some terrific pages here. I so enjoyed looking at them.