Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Digital Pictures - Springs



These are photos I took of a rusted bed frame that someone had stored in their barn. I really like the springs. They have a geometric feel to them. Discovering the bed frame was like finding a forgotten sculpture. I am always amazed how even the simplest thing can be turned into art.

Maybe this is why assemblage is becoming so popular in the mixed media world today.





Entering the world of digitally enhancing your photos is like turning your mouse into a paint brush. I have a great friend who is also a wonder photographer who is leaving to take a bunch of workshops out west. She is working on her portfolio. Stressing like you can't believe. We have had several phone calls about photoshop an elements. For me it has been wonderful. I think in a week we both have learned more than ever. These are some of the photos I practiced on as we were working on problems she was having with her photos. I really like the one in the middle. I hope this will open the door of possibilities for you.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow, this is eye-popping. I love it!!! It appears that it was altered digitally! I'm so envious. Maybe in a year or so I can do this too.

Diane said...

OMG...I love all of these! That's my next project, trying to accomplish photoshop.

bockel24 said...

you really have an eye for colours!