Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Painting and Printing on Canvas Samples




These are a couple of house ATC's and one skinny 3by5 I made tonight with the canvas that I painted and printed on. The canvas was very easy to cut. Sewing was done on a machine with a denim needle.
I first cut out the canvas to size with a house pattern. The pattern was from Marion Bockelman. I then pasted background paper on my playing card.
Waiting for the glue to dry I cut out various images. From Tim Holtz - girl below heart. The fairy child, key, hat, and number four were from Lisa's Altered Art. She has down loadable collage sheets that are good quality and dollar Saturday's. I also used a piece of the canvas for the heart, an old label and some dictionary papers. The wood pecker is from an antique bird book. The stamp of the roof is from Paperbag Studios. Robin Marie has great stamps. This stamp is made from one of her photographs.
After your glue is dry you can sew. Glue glops up your machine and you should give it a cleaning after you sew. The canvas sews like butter and I am already planning the project with my other completed canvas sheet. Check back I will post that soon.
As I am on a house thing tonight I am also posting some freebies for you. One of a house with a wicked roof and a couple who might have lived here. Enjoy.

No comments: