Monday, May 19, 2008

Round Robin Altered Book Page & Tag


I am in a Round Robin with a local group of girls. We meet once a month and work on different project, show and tell, etc. We concentrate on altered art, mostly books. We meet at a local store that sells art supplies, ink, stamps, paper, scrapbooking supplies,etc. It is a wonderful morning. We come from all over the coastal area. In January, one of the girls had found a large supply of children's board books. All of them the same size and the same number of pages. We decided to do a round robin about us. A friendship book. Each one of us would do a page/not a spread/ about ourselves in each others book. On the sign in page we would put pertinent facts like name, number, birthday,etc. We are about half way through after next month. It is very interesting to see how each person portrays them self. So this month I have Carolyn's book. She is a yellow and green person to me so I used those colors. The girl is my head at six photoshopped onto a early twentieth century girl's body. The round things are poker chips. I have this huge bag from a garage sale I am trying to turn into art.

5 comments:

Lindart said...

Lovely! I really like the colors and the simplicity of this page. Beautifully done!

Meredith said...

I like your blog a lot; your photography and art are lovely and your tips and recipes fun. I'll check back often to see what you are up to.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh I love this! It's just beautiful!!!!!!! Marva

Jodi Ohl said...

The round robin sounds like lots of fun! Love your page and tag!

Cb5 said...

I LOVE it!
The colors are perfect;)