Friday, December 26, 2008

Back grounds for My Soul Journal

These are just some of the background papers I am making for my Soul Journal. I find that every time I do a project I am going to use some of the paint or ink to make a background sheet. This has been a lot of fun. With the hustle and bustle of the Holidays it can be hard to concentrate on any one thing for very long. Making these backgrounds has been a creative release. Just lay down some card stock, watercolor paper, canvas paper and let the paint and or ink fly.. You will feel really good when you are finished.


Leftover acrylic paint and ink applied with various tools to card stock.

Acrylic paint on cardstock. Applied with credit card.

Acrylic paint on bristol board, applied with five inch bristle brush.

Dictionary text glued to cardstock. Then acrylic paint applied with foam brush over punchilla - sequin waste. Layers and layers of paint applied over a period of time. Build up layers slowly.

Sprayed inks on dry water color paper.


Acrylic paint an ink applied with credit card, punchilla waste, and foam brush.

5 comments:

Diane said...

These are beautiful. My fave is the 4th one down. Wishing you a very happy new year!

Mary S. Hunt said...

your pages are gorgeous
it will be hard to mark them!

Unknown said...

I love these just like this...stunning...Melinda

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful background pages, almost too nice to cover up ;) Love how you said, just let the paint fly....sure sounds like fun!
Happy Healthy New Year to You and Yours Elizabeth!
Looking forward to another year of fun and sharing!

Kathryn Costa said...

I love all of the colors and textures of these pages. These will be fun to use in future projects.