Monday, May 5, 2008

A Little bit of art from me

Inchies inchies inchies. Little 1by1 inch pieces of art. I have been doing alot of these lately. I find them some what constraining. The format is so small. I have posted four small Frieda inchies in response to Cinco de Mayo. Frieda is one of my favorite woman artists. I was fortunate to be able to visit her wonderful home - Casa de Azul - in Mexico City. It is a little oasis in the city.I have to tell myself anytime you feel like complaining think of her. Can you imagine being trussed up like that and still be able to paint? and in bed? She was truly a "steel magnolia". I am going to use the other posted Frieda image to make a collage to honor her and the country she loved so much.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Gorgeous inchies. Welcome to blogland. Love your photos!