Thursday, April 30, 2009

Freebies #32 - Magazine Covers


This week's freebies came to me as I stood at Barnes and Nobles this morning and they rung up three magazines for almost fifty dollars. Whew! The woman who ran me up said something to the effect of how she remembered buying several magazines for less than a dollar when she was growing up for her Mom.

Her Mom would send her to the drugstore to pick up the latest "rags". Not wanting anyone to see her buying some of them she would send her daughter. I mentioned I would love to have some of those magazine now. The covers and ad's had such wonderful images and graphics on them. It is so sad how some of the magazines are going out of business. So here I am posting some of those covers for you. I hope you will enjoy them.

8 comments:

Risa said...

These are great! Thank you for sharing!

Talking Horses Arts said...

These are gorgeous...thanks soooo much for sharing!
Andrea.

Beverley Baird said...

Thanks for sharing.
These covers are so vintage.

Bea said...

Oh that Canadian one is gorgeous. Heck they all are. What a find. Thanks for sharing these. :)Bea

Mary S. Hunt said...

i love vintage images like you have all through your blog
real artful covers back in the day
the butterfly was quite creative hunh

Robin said...

Oh my these are gorgeous Elizabeth! Thanks again for sharing!! Have a great weekend!

Take Care - Robin

gale said...

Thank you for your generosity!
Gale

Kate Carvellas said...

Oh dear....I'm going to need more memory on my computer because of you!! LOL!! But, I can't resist your wonderful freebies! Thank you so much!! :-)