Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Colors of Home...


I have had several requests to take pictures of my home. As the days go by and I unpack and decorate I will share my new home. Right now we are painting, redoing floors and countertops, replacing lights, hardware, etc. It is generally a mess with little order. Soon though, I hope to have something to show for it all. I have years of collections to unpack - which I come by honestly. Both my Grandmother and Mother are collectors. I only have another 800 or so boxes to go through. Today I thought I would share a picture of one of my Mother's collections. When I walk in the door and see this I get warm inside. It says you are home, all is well.

9 comments:

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

What a lovely sight this is.. my color too! LOL!! Seriously though, this is a very lovely collection that would bring a smile to any woman's face!

Janet Ghio said...

Oh this pink glass is so pretty. I have a thumbprint glass vase that is the same color and from I would guess the same era, as it belonged to my mother.

Rebeca Trevino said...

Beautiful!

marda said...

I too love cranberry glass, what a marvelous collection. One of my favorite pieces in my little collection is a beautiful pickle jar, unfortunately the caster is long gone. It's an unusual shape at the bottom and I've never found a caster it would fit into. A vast majority of these old metal pieces were donated during metal drives during WWll. Lucky you for having the whole thing.

indybev said...

Beautiful! It must be spectacular when the sun hits it. Can hardly wait to see more!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a gorgeous collection and an unusual color...fabulous!!

Ann said...

gorgeous pieces! love where you have them..the sun shining on them brings out the beauty of the color!..how lovely to have pieces of your moms collection..it does make you feel warm.and at home.
i have some of my moms things out..brings a feeling of warm and safe to me.

Unknown said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the light thru the glass....I am here to catch up! It has been a long time and it does just fly by.....Sorry you lost your dad....I just hate losing people...it is so hard on the ones left......

Susan said...

What a beautiful collection. I can't wait to see more pics of your home!