Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Little Royalty for You...

Princess Beatrice 1868
Princess Mary Victoria of Teck
Princess Victoria Eugenie
Princess Alice
Princess Marie Friedericke 1898
Kaserina
This week I thought I would give you some royalty. Many of them look like overdressed, normal people of their time.  Others seem quite regal to me. I have been watching Downton Abbey lately. [Thanks Mom for DVR-ing the show to share with me.] Both season 1 and 2 are being repeated. It is a bit like Upstairs Downstairs. The acting in it is suberb. The costumes are great. The house is so elegant. It is the best show I have seen in a long time. I am always blown away that an hour and a half have gone by so quickly. If you have a chance to catch it - go for it. Hope you enjoy this weeks freebies.

4 comments:

teri said...

It's so interesting to look at their hair, their clothing, and their faces. I see where some of the royal names of today came from, and wonder how many generations have used them. Princess Victoria Eugenie has an incredibly TINY waistline. I don't know how she was able to breathe!

peggy gatto said...

Really the loveliest selection. I love the faces.
thank you so much. I know I will use these!!!!!!!

Ann said...

wonderful images Elizabeth!!
thank you so very much!!!

Rebeca Trevino said...

you are so generous to post these amazing photos. although i have not had a chance to use them yet, i have an idea for them . . . oh so many fun ideas, so little time.