Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A little light in your life...

I have lusted for this lamp ever since I saw it in a magazine. I bought the small version of this light from Ikea.  I had it installed in my studio in my new house.   It makes me happy everytime I see it.


Here is another picture of my large dandelion type light. At night it sends off these delicious shadows that look like flowers.  I adore it. My boys think it is way over the top!


I bought this lamp years ago at a church rummage sale.  It is from Italy and the base is Italian marble, with a brass base.  The lamp is handmade Italian pottery with the most beautiful handmade roses on it.

Here is a closer shot of it.  It is a tall lamp.  I keep it on the dresser in my bedroom.  I love the muted tones of this lamp, the elegant feel to it. It is very understated.

Here is a very close shot of the roses.  Aren't they beautiful? I love that they are lightly tinged with pink.  It is like having roses everyday!

I am slowly but surely getting things rolling in my new house. I have bought new counter tops, a new cook top, a new sofa, replaced most of the light fixtures and door knobs. Painted, painted, and painted. Still have two ceilings to go.  I am putting slate floors in the kitchen and familyroom. Bought fabric for nine chairs to be reupholstered. Lined more drawers, shelves, than I can count. Gone through 24 wardrobe boxes, sorted clothes, taken bags to Goodwill, and to a local consignment store. I figure another two weeks and most of the heavy work will be finished. Knock on wood. It is an adventure. Hope a little light shines on you...

6 comments:

indybev said...

How could this exquisite lamp end up at a rummage sale?!?! It's so shabby chic and yet elegant. I love it!

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

lOVEL, LOVE YOUR CHOICES OF LAMPS.

Ann said...

you are really getting settled!! love both lamps..love the "whimsy" of the first,but I have to say I covet the last one!! the beauty of that pink in the roses...oh,sublime!!!!!
WELCOME HOME!!!!

Linda Gibbons said...

That lamp would make me happy too!

Shopgirl said...

Your lampa is really pretty. A real show stopper for your new house. Hugs, Mary

Unknown said...

Your taste in lamps mirrors mine. I love the roses!