Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pink

"Sara Holding a Cat" 1908 by Mary Cassatt. [Mary Cassatt was not only a great American artist, a great woman artists, but a great impressionist.] This could of been me when I was a child. Every summer when I went to my grandmother's house she would have a new litter of kittens for me to play with. This was very special. You see I was allergic to cats and was not allowed to have them. I just adored them. They were so sweet. There pink little noses and paws. The way they purred and cuddled with me while I read. There was a new group every summer. What happened to them after I left I don't know. As I grew up I learned this was a true act of love on my grandmother's part. You see she was somewhat terrified of cats.

3 comments:

Christy said...

oooh what a sweet story, both you loving the kittens even though you had allergies and your gramma too. and i just love Mary Cassett!

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet.
Your grandmother was scared of them and she still kept them so you could see them. She must have loved you very much. And you even held them even though you were allergic!

izz said...

So sweet.
your grandmother was scared of cats but she still kept them for you. She must have really loved you...
and you held thme even though you were allergic!