Monday, August 18, 2008

A book I would like to share

A while back someone emailed me an asked me what kind of mysteries I like to read. I was sort of stumped, because I will read just about any mystery that moves at a fast clip. I have read at least once, sometimes if really good twice, most mystery books. I started a long time ago on author's that start with "A" in the library and read my way through the shelves. I am a really fast reader and have been known to finish a book in a few hours. A murder a day is not unusual for me.

There is lots of time to read, waiting in line, waiting to pick up a child, waiting at the drugstore, doctor's etc.. I picked this book up at Sam's club because I have never read anything from this author and I had read this was first in a series. It has been sitting for a month or so waiting for me to pick it up. On Thursday evening we had a five hour blackout and painting in the dark or with a flashlight is not easy. So, I picked it up.

The story is good, but what made this book different than most mysteries is the fact that the heroine BLOGS. This is the first mystery where I have seen blogging - and the blogging is good. Also, the community of readers is real. I was amazed. The other thing I really liked was the fact that she had been in a stressful situation and had started her blog and the responses she got affirmed her and the feelings she was going through. Anyway, if you are looking for a quick read, interesting story, with blogging you might be interested in this book.

No comments: