Thursday, August 7, 2008

Purple Quiltie Squares for August



Remember that fabric I bought for 25 cents at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago? Well this is what I made with some of it. My monthly quiltie square swap is purple this month. We do a 6 1/2 inch by 6 1/2 inch square and send it to our assigned person for the month. I am making two so that in the end I will have two art quilts.

The center of my quilt is an idea that I got from the new issue of Teesha Moores' Art and Life.
This is one of my favorite zine's. She is so inspirational and her colors are right up my alley - bright - bold - and full of life. So, thank you Teesha for the wonderful felt flowers and I hope my swap recipient loves her quiltie square.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these purple quilties! I wish I had signed up for the swap. Oh well, next time. I too, subscribe to Teesha's Zine and am always inspired by her work.
Hugs.

Crazy Art Girl said...

Beautiful colors. Love the Zetti.
Belinda

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh these are just gorgeous! Love the purples! What group do you trade the quilties on? Marva