Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chicken Burgers ....


Chicken burgers are a healthy way to eat burgers. I have the butcher ground my meat fresh the day I am going to cook these. I use breast and thigh meat. Breast meat has little fat so I have him add a few thighs - which do have some fat - I mean really is there any way to keep fat off anyone's thighs? Fat adds some extra taste.

You can add all sorts of seasoning to these burgers. You can have curried burgers with mango salsa, add some thin sliced almonds a little soy sauce and ginger and go in another direction. Today we are just making chicken burgers with salsa.

Chicken Burgers

2 pounds of ground chicken
4 tablespoons of McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning - this is good stuff
4 ounces of prosciutto - pick this up from deli when you get your chicken
buns
provolone cheese - sliced
mozzarella cheese - sliced
fresh garden salsa see recipe in next post!

In a large bowl mix the chicken and seasoning. Form into six balls then smush into patties. Cook on grill till chicken is done. Place a slice of prosciutto then a slice of each type of cheese over the prosciutto. Close grill till cheese melts. Serve on buns with fresh salsa. Mayonnaise with fresh lime juice can be added to buns.

1 comment:

Diane said...

These look absolutely delicous!
I am going to give them a try.
Thank you!