Saturday, July 18, 2009

SOARTFUL SATURDAY CHALLENGE - Angel Tears

The sky is crying

This is my entry for Soartful Saturday Challenge over at Art Freebies. The theme is Angel tears. How sad is that? We were allowed to use any images we wanted to represent this theme. I have a vast collection of cemetery angels photographs I have taken all over the world. So that made it a little hard. This angel is from the mountains of North Carolina. I took this photo this spring. The tears are from a 1500's woodcut of rain that I have collected over the years. Somewhat crude yet effective. And of course the phrase is from Stevie Ray Vaughn's song of the same name. A tune that brings tears everytime...

4 comments:

June said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love this, love the effects you used and the tears and colour. Great work my friend, yours always is :)
Thanks for joining in
Hugs June xxx

stamp and scrape said...

So, so marvellous. Another powerful piece from you. And a fabulous title. Love the touches of blue.
Ros

indybev said...

I'm late commenting on this one. IT's SO moving. I love your stone angel. Your wood cut tears seem exactly right, and the effect is perfect.

Lizzi said...

I love this. I find cemetery angels so interesting.