Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fresh Garden Salsa


This is really easy and is a great recipe to have others join in to help. Sort of makes everyone feel a part of a meal. I am a firm believer in having the kids decorate and set the table, plan menus, help you shop, and learn their way around the kitchen. When I broke my foot I dined with style. My boys took over the kitchen. I realized how well they had taken to those years of instruction and fun. Cooking should be fun!

Fresh Garden Salsa

3 green Roma tomatoes
2 red Roma tomatoes
4 medium Big Boy tomatoes
5 cayenne peppers,
2 Anaheim chile peppers
1 large green pepper
1 dozen cherry tomatoes
4 large banana peppers
1/2 Vidalia onion
1/4 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 tablespoon fresh pepper - ground
2 freshly squeezed limes

Finely chop tomatoes and peppers. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix. Should make around two pints. Please feel free to change amounts, add ingredients - garlic - etc. This is a starting point to a family recipe. I personally like black olives in mine. Just make it with a friend or your family. Put on some music. have fun!

After I posted this I talked with my Oldest. I asked him what he was doing - making salsa! I asked what he was putting into it - fresh mangos. How funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food. Yum. Now I will eat. I am hungry and happened across this blog. Not fair. lol.