Sunday, July 12, 2009

Some Yard Sale Finds

Don't you love this apron pattern? I love how they show it in several patterns and the pretty ruffles and pockets. Pockets are essential to life.

I like the orange swirly dress. Dresses like this always make me feel pretty. I remember wearing dresses like this as a pre-teen. I always felt so grown up.

Can you say Jackie O? Right down to the pill box hat. I bought that stole thing last year to go with this killer suit I have. Now I guess that just goes to show that Classics are always in style.

So, the girl in pink with the big sunglasses could have been me on the cruise I took with my parents and a whole fraternity when I was thirteen. I swear I had that outfit. Wish I could go on the cruise with the fraternity again......

Love the black and white here. The faux pockets are so cute.


I remember these inset dresses, but mine was definitely a mini. Oh those were the days. So fun to see so much of it back in style.

Thought I would share - slowly some of my yard sale find's from yesterday. Everywhere you looked there was a sale. Rummage sales, church sales, small flea markets, yard sales, it was heaven. I bought these patterns from a lady who could not get rid of her mother's things fast enough. Very sad in a way. The patterns were 10 cents each - buy five get one free.

She also was selling her mother's jewelry - everything 25 cents a piece. Buy 20 get one free. I bought 20 and the jewelry box. I will share those on another post. Don't worry Mom I won't be out in the front yard hocking your stuff!!

7 comments:

Bea said...

Boy those patterns brought back memories. I had a pale blue shirtwaist dress that I LOVED. That full skirt and 3/4 sleeves.
My sister and I made a number of classic A-line dresses for church.
I love garage sales but sometimes, like you said, it's hard to see somebody getting rid of other people's stuff. :)Bea

Carol said...

Love those full skirted dresses and the sleek suits. Memories of another day and a much better body to wear them. Very sad to find a daughter getting rid of Mum's things but as I look around my huge collections of "stuff" I realise that my kids will be faced with the same situation. I'll just enjoy it while I can. Of course every garage sale and market adds to the collection, I don't think there is an end to it really.

Cindy McMath said...

nice score Elizabeth! Absolutely love the aprons and the dress patterns are so retro chic!

Cindy :)

Beverley Baird said...

Souns like a great yard sale.
I'm dating myself - but I can remember my mom using patterns like this!
I'm curious to see what you will create with these.
Take care.

Just a little bit Crafty said...

Hi, I popped over from Bubbly Scrumptious to see what you were doing. OMG, I think that I have at least 3 of these patterns in my stash. I NEVER throw anything out LOL.
Cheers, Irene
Australia

LynnF said...

My gram had patterns like this...when she passed, they were thrown away. I was so sad! But I love seeing these! LynnF

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I love the apron pattern. My mom always wore and apron every day when I was growing up and she still does! I love it! If only I could be as domestic as she was, but I just don't seem to have it in me!
Michelle