Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chunky Blue Cheese Dip or Dressing


I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing fourth! I thought I would share this dip or dressing with you. You can use it on wings, hamburgers, shrimp, vegetables, salad, etc... you get the idea. I am using it today on left over shrimp with toast and tomatoes for lunch. Yum.

Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing or Dip

1 cup of crumbled blue cheese - about 4 1/2 ounces
1 cup light sour cream - I use no fat
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover; chill until ready to use. It will last about one week in refrigerator. If you want something smoother put in food processor or blender for a few seconds. Makes 1 3/4 cups.

5 comments:

marciad said...

Can hardly wait to try this. Thanks for posting it.

BT said...

Oh that sounds lovely. I would use stilton cheese as it's not as harsh as, say, Danish Blue, which I don't really like. Thanks for posting and I hope you had a great 4th of July.

dollslikeus said...

Don't forget to use low fat mayonaise it will have less calories.

Margaret said...

Oh yummy! thank you for this. I tried this dip in a restaurant, loved it and always wondered what was in it! M

random notes said...

When it comes to food I will comment all day long. What does that tell you? Always blog about food. LOL
This does sound good though so I might have to make it.