Sunday, September 14, 2008

Garage Sale Saturday's

Friday night I went up to Raleigh to see a friend who was having a yard sale with her Mom and Dad. It is one of those annual things. When I got there everything was already laid out and priced. A beautiful job. All that was left to do was shop. So I shopped. Around 11:30 p.m. we called it a night.

Up early for all those early bird shoppers. Two adjoining neighborhoods were joining in the fun. After realizing everyone had everything under control around 9:30 I headed out to check up on all the sales. Treasures to be found. Here are a few of the things I found.


Two wonderful beaded rings I will use as crowns for various heads I have. This crown is on my three and a half foot Mexican statue of Saint Gabriel. Below are two lovely dresser jars and a pottery girl in dire need of some jewelry.

These are some beautiful pink gloves and a gold compact style mirror. In the same place I also found the silver and cream colored tinselly glitter stuff, some board books, lace, a yellow cafeteria style food tray and some lacy napkins. Here it was fill a bag for a $1.00.


Last, but definitely not least, I stopped at a thrift store on the way home and found this beautiful urn shaped container. I love the transfered flowers on it. It is huge. I have no idea what it was used for. Well, maybe a small idea, but I am going to use it on my table for awhile.

The picture of all the turquoise glass and birds at the top of this post are from one of my best buddies and favorite antique and garage sale friend's garage and flea market finds that she displays over a window in her house. The sun and sky do wonderful things to them. This is one of my favorite things in her house. I thought you might want some extra eye candy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, your yardsale finds are wonderful! The large jar with the transfer flowers is lovely too.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. You've managed to hit on all my favorite things -- collage, glass, antiques, cooking and collecting recipes. Wonderful!