Saturday, September 6, 2008

Patty's Strawberry Pie


My best bud from high school, bless her heart, is from Michigan. We are always comparing recipes and trying to get each other to eat healthier and fresher food. She is much better at it than me, but don't tell her that. She was getting ready to make strawberry pie and I asked her which one and she rattled off the recipe and the benefits. I asked her to send it to me as I just happened to have strawberries in the refrigerator. I made it last night and had it for breakfast this morning. It is easy and it is GOOD. Nice cup of tea with it and it is perfect. Oh yes, she says it is a healthy pie. She says that "southerner's" use too much fat - cream cheese in my recipe, and that everyone can eat this pie. So I am sharing another pie recipe with you. You be the judge.

1 3oz. package of strawberry jello
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
pinch of salt
1 pre-baked pie shell
1 quart berries - usually use more for big pie.

Combine all but berries and boil only 5 seconds.
Remove from heat and cool 20 to 30 minutes.
Add 1 quart berries washed and cleaned to pie shell.
Pour cooled ingredients into pie shell with berries.
Refrigerate until pie has set up.

You can use raspberries with raspberry jello also.

No comments: