Monday, September 15, 2008

Large Formica Tag #2


This big Formica tag was made for one of the yahoo groups and their weekend "art party". The image of the young woman was what we were to work with. I painted the tag on the rough side with gesso and then orange acrylic paint. Stamped the torn mesh image and added the spooky house image. The woman's wings are off of a mylar bat wreath. The wings sort of shimmer in the light. I highlighted the woman's dress with my white pen. These are quick and take less than half an hour to do if you use a heat gun to dry the paint. I have another tag that I made that is a tad bit smaller, but yet similar, that is in a previous post. I only have nine more to make....
small postscript - my tag made it to the Homepage of this Yahoo group this week - 9/22. I was speechless. Thanks all.

2 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

your board book turned out terrifc
but the formica piece is lovely

Susan Sager Brown said...

Love this, the photo, the fibers and the saying!!! very clever.
Your blog is one of my very favs.
Cheers,
Susan